Chiropractic For Your Dog
What is Chiropractic for Dogs?
Chiropractic care is a form of alternative medicine that aims to improve the physical function of the musculoskeletal system. Chiropractic techniques have been applied to humans for decades, and they can now also be done to pets, including dogs.
Chiropractic treatment for dogs is a non-invasive and drug-free approach to improving your pet’s overall health and well-being. It involves the manual manipulation of the joints in the spine and other parts of the body to help alleviate pain, restore mobility, and improve nerve function.
A certified animal chiropractor will perform a thorough examination of your dog to determine the areas that need attention. The chiropractor will then use gentle, specific techniques to adjust the areas where there are restrictions in movement.
One of the most common reasons dog owners seek chiropractic care for their pets is to address pain or dysfunction caused by conditions such as hip dysplasia, arthritis, or intervertebral disc disease. However, chiropractic can also benefit dogs who participate in athletic activities, as it can help prevent injuries and enhance performance.
What are the benefits of seeing a dog chiropractor?
1. Pain relief: Just like with human chiropractic care, a dog chiropractor can help relieve pain and discomfort in your pet’s body. This can be particularly helpful for dogs with joint pain, stiffness, or mobility issues.
2. Improved mobility: By adjusting your dog’s spine and joints, a chiropractor can help improve their range of motion and overall mobility. This can be especially helpful for senior dogs or those with chronic conditions that affect their movement.
3. Better posture: Poor posture can lead to a variety of health issues in dogs, including back pain and joint problems. A chiropractor can help correct your dog’s posture, which can improve their overall health and well-being.
4. Increased energy: When your dog’s body is properly aligned, they may feel more energized and alert. This can be especially beneficial for dogs who are recovering from an injury or surgery.
5. Enhanced athletic performance: If you have a working or sporting dog, seeing a chiropractor can help them perform at their best. By improving their range of motion and reducing pain or discomfort, your dog may be able to run faster, jump higher, and perform better overall.
What conditions can a dog chiropractor help with?
1. Back and neck pain: Just like humans, dogs can experience pain and discomfort in their back and neck. Chiropractic adjustments can help realign the spine and relieve pressure on nerves, reducing pain and improving mobility.
2. Joint problems: Dogs with conditions like hip dysplasia or arthritis can benefit from chiropractic care. Adjustments can help improve joint function and reduce inflammation, allowing for greater mobility and less pain.
3. Digestive issues: Believe it or not, some dogs experience digestive issues as a result of spinal misalignments. By addressing these misalignments, chiropractic care can help improve digestive function and reduce symptoms like bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
4. Behavioral issues: It may surprise you to learn that chiropractic care can even help with certain behavioural issues in dogs. This is because spinal misalignments can put pressure on nerves that affect mood and behaviour. By correcting these misalignments, dogs may experience reduced anxiety, improved focus, and better overall behaviour.
How can RehabVet provide chiropractic care for my dog?
At RehabVet, we understand that every dog is unique, and we tailor our chiropractic care services to meet the specific needs of each patient. When you bring your dog in for chiropractic care, we will begin with a thorough examination to assess your dog’s overall health and identify any specific areas of concern.
From there, we will develop a personalised treatment plan that may include spinal adjustments, massage therapy, and other techniques to help improve your dog’s mobility, reduce pain and discomfort, and promote overall wellness.
Our team of experienced and compassionate professionals is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for your pet. We use only the safest and most effective techniques to ensure that your dog receives the best possible care.