Benefits at a Glance
- One of the most abundant amino acids in the body
- Called one of the most essential substances in the human body
- Thought to help regulate central nervous system
- Shows cardiovascular and neuroprotective properties
- Promotes system-wide health
Taurine has been extensively studied, with widespread benefits. Unfortunately, production markedly declines as we age. According to published clinical trials, taurine has been shown to support:
- Insulin sensitivity and glucose utilization.
- Proper utilization of minerals including calcium.
- Healthy eyes.
- Central nervous system regulation.
- Cell membrane stability and water balance (osmoregulation).
- Bile salt formation.
- Cognitive function and neuron integrity.
- Liver function.
- Heart health.